Turbo Recompress is a very small wrapper tool around the excellent jpeg-recompress that can resize your images to a minimum size, while not visually changing the quality.
jpeg-recompress works especially well with DSLR images.
Here is a demo of the colosseum: Original (Nikon D5300) (4.56 MB) and Recompressed (1.28 MB)
Turbo Recompress will:
- Allow you to specify many images or entire folder (with recursion) at once
- Run jpeg-compress multithreaded, exploiding all your CPU cores
- Allow you to preview images
- Select between 4 jpeg-recompress modes
- Keep original names or rename to 1,2,3...jpg
- Auto update
Download (x64) : Here